Paul Eisenklam Travel and Research Awards for Young Researchers (PETRA) in the form of scholarships are available to young researchers before their 30th birthday to attend ICLASS and ILASS Europe conferences as well as for scientific exchange between the ILASS sister organizations, i.e. ILASS Europe, ILASS Americas and ILASS Asia. The number of grants will be defined in each year for the following calendar year during the ILASS Europe committee meeting.
In Valencia ILASS-Europe 2017, the committee has decided to support up to 4 young researchers each year to attend ICLASS and ILASS-Europe conferences through the Paul Eisenklam Travel and Research Award (PETRA). The award in the form of a bursary has a maximum amount of 1000 € (1500 for ICLASS events outside of Europe), including travel expenses, accommodation, daily allowances and conference fees. So, the applicant must follow the rules detailed here.
Eligible applicants must meet the following criteria:
For Paul Eisenklam Travel Awards
1.1. The applicant must be a full-time PhD student at an institution from a country of ILASS-Europe.
1.2. The applicant must give an oral presentation of a paper at the conference, describing a research effort to which a significant contribution was made.
1.3. The applicant must clearly describe his/her benefits from the availability of travel funds in order to attend the conference.
Paul Eisenklam Research Awards
2.1. The award is available to a full-time PhD student at an institution from a country of any ILASS sister organization.
2.2. The applicant should perform the research at an institution in a country of a different ILASS sister organization than the sending institution.
2.3. An invitation letter from the receiving organization, a recommendation letter from the PhD supervisor, and a short research proposal of maximum length of two A4 pages must accompany the application.
To apply for the Paul Eisenklam Travel Award, the following information must be submitted:
1. The abstract of the accepted conference paper.
2. A description of the applicant’s contribution to the research effort.
3. Details of other awards, sources, contributions or grants towards travel and/or subsistence expenses.
4. A description of the benefit from attending the conference.
5. Endorsement of the application by the PhD advisor.
Consideration will be given to the contribution of the work to the fields of Atomisation and Sprays, the applicant’s contribution to the research, the financial need, and the benefit from the attendance of the conference for the advancement of the applicant’s career.
For Paul Eisenklam Research Award
The following information must be submitted:
1. A brief proposal for the research to be performed (max. two A4 pages) clearly defining the aims and deliverables and the benefits of the research.
2. Details about the sending and receiving institutions as well as supervisors in both units.
3. A recommendation letter of the applicant’s PhD advisor (mailed directly and separately to ILASS Europe) and an official invitation letter from the receiving institution.
4. Details about other awards, sources, contributions or grants towards the scientific exchange, travel and/or subsistence expenses. The financial requirements must be specified including an estimate of travel expenses required from PETRA.
After the end of the research exchange, a final report of 3 to 5 pages must be submitted to ILASS Europe within three months. Any publications resulting from the research visit should acknowledge the financial support through ILASS Europe.
Consideration will be given to the contribution of the work to the fields of Atomisation and Sprays, the applicant’s contribution to the research, the financial need, and the benefit from the research exchange will advance the applicant’s career as well as the exchange between the institutions involved.
Applications with the required material (in a single pdf document) are to be addressed to the chair of the PETRA award committee.
Dr. Ing. Lydia Achelis | University of Bremen | email@example.com